Thanks for your interest in writing for FSTS! We occasionally accept guest submissions from fellow bloggers or travel writers looking to further their portfolio. Aspiring writers must be able to prove they are in fact an aspiring writer, either through a link to your blog or other published articles you’ve written. This policy is to avoid spammy SEO articles. No commercial links will be accepted. Submissions that do not meet these guidelines will likely be ignored.
Content we’re looking for:
- Contribute to the Eat Local, Shop Local series, which highlights local restaurants, coffee shops, breweries, wineries and shops or any other place that sources their products locally, are involved with the community or work toward a greater environmental goal. For an example (a lengthy one) see here.
- Any travel related topic, especially concerning sustainable and ethical travel, off the beaten path destinations and local level experiences (example: Small Beach Village of Pemuteran).
- Top tens lists or city/country guides (examples: Things to Do In Ubud, Must Visit Mayan Ruins, Craft Breweries in Portland).
- Anything food related: recipes, what to eat in specific countries or cities, etc. Examples: small cafes in Paris, your grandmother’s peirogi recipe, a Gelato Lover’s Guide in Rome, Food Guide to Mexico.
- Anything related to the outdoors: hiking, diving, snorkeling, boating…
- Topics related to conservation of species or cultures (example: Conservation Efforts in Bali)
- A unique experience you’ve had that will inspire others to travel and try new things.
FSTS writing guidelines:
- Articles should be between 500 and 1200 words written about your own experience. Content must be useful, relevant and well written. To learn more about what might be considered relevant (if the stuff above isn’t enough), check out the about FSTS page.
- Upon acceptance, you agree not to publish it anywhere else, including your own blog or website outside of a brief “tease” or summary on your site that links to the post here.
- Once submitted, articles should be ready to publish, already edited and free of grammatical errors.
- Articles should include:
- Original content, never posted anywhere else on the internet.
- A minimum of 4 photos taken by you edited to 1024 px wide. Video too if you have it! Photos with a large and obtrusive watermark will not be accepted.
- A bio for the bottom of the post with a link to your blog and up to 3 social media accounts.
- Something to identify you to readers (your avatar, logo or head shot) so people can see who wrote the post.
- Links are ONLY accepted to relevant outside sources and fellow travel bloggers’ sites. No commercial links will be accepted.
Think you’ve got something that will be a good fit? Shoot me an email with a proposed topic to katie @fromshorestoskylines .com. We’re excited to host you on From Shores to Skylines and we can’t wait to read what you have to share!
Note to copywriters and companies: These guidelines are not for copywriters or sponsored posts. This is for fellow travel bloggers or aspiring writers who want to share their personal stories and photos with a wider audience. For companies wishing to advertise with us, please visit our work with me page.